Friday, March 29, 2013

Review : Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick

 
 
Establishing itself as a current autumn trend, berry lips and a much more vampy look is everywhere. So many celebrities have swapped out there neutral glowing looks and have been seen rocking a much more lip heavy style. 
 
Although I loved this look on everyone else, I must admit I was quite hesitant to try it on myself. Having a tan/olive complexion I have always found reds and pretty much any colour aside from neutrals and pinks didn't sit well with my skin tone. But wanting to try something different I went on the search for a budget-friendly, berry lip colour.
 
After speaking about such a product I was given the gift of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the colour Starry Eyed (Priceline: $7.96 AUD).
Once opening the lipstick I was pleasantly surprised with the smell. Strange I know, but every lipstick I have tried to date either had no smell or a slight chemical odour. With a light fruity fragrence also comes a soft and smooth application. The lipstick sits well on the lips, doesn't bleed and I find the colour amazing on all skin tones.
 
For application I first line my lips with the lipstick using a lip brush. Then taking the lip brush again I lightly fill in my lips as a base. With a deep lip colour like Starry Eyed I find that this lining and fill-in technique works best as you don't extend the colour outside the lip line, with it also acting as a base for your lipstick to sit on. Following, I then use the lipstick straight onto my lips creating a vibrant and smooth application. Due to the product being dark in colour and in order to avoid any mistakes, a great way to clean up any lipstick that should not be there is by taking a little bit of concealer on a small concealer brush and running it around your top and bottom lip line.
 
I love this Rimmel lipstick and highly recommend the shade to everyone!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment